Before you commit yourself to a weight loss plan consider new ways of thinking and healthy eating. Choose a weight loss plan that encourages slow, steady loss and focus on changing habits. Be wary of diets that veer away from the food pyramid and concentrate on one type of food only. Keep alcohol, sweets and fats to a minimum.
1. Think of yourself as a thin person. Take a before photograph of yourself and then again when you have lost about 4-5 kilograms. Compare it to the before photo and see the difference. Keep doing this every time you lose more than 5 kgs; this will encourage you and keep you going.
2. Forget the word "diet" and concentrate on adapting good healthy eating habits. Give yourself time to adjust to a changed diet. After awhile, retraining your eating habits and taste buds will become second nature and you will find that processed foods taste terrible. A simple eating guide to help you eat more healthy is to focus on whole, natural foods that are high in protein. Also choose foods that are lower in carbs but that still contain a lot of fiber like fresh vegetables and fruits. Eating high-fiber foods from vegetables and fruits and mixing those with a lot of protein-rich foods such as fish, chicken, or legumes, will increase your feeling of fullness. These simple diet changes will steer you away from feeling hungry and will help you shed pounds fast. Another way to curb your appetite when trying to change your diet is to add in some safe and effective appetite suppresants.
3. Plan your meals and snacks, so you know ahead of time what you will be eating. Give some thought to your meals and snacks before you sit down to eat. Whether you eat at home, at work, or somewhere in between, be sure you choose foods that offer the highest nutritional value.
4. Do not read or watch television while you are eating. Food commercials are highly influencial and studies show that those who watch television, overeat and tend to gain wait more easily than those who don't watch TV. Concentrate on your food in front of you and enjoy eating with friends or family instead.
5. Never eat standing. Make sure you are seated relaxed and comfortable. Standing up while eating can cause you to eat too quickly and then you will take in more calories than you need. It takes 20 minutes for the brain to register that you are full after eating a meal so eat slowly, so slow down and also make time in your schedule to prepare food and eat properly.
6. Put your knife and fork down between each mouthful. Only refill your fork after you have swallowed your food. This is another trick that will help you learn to eat more slowly so you will naturally consume fewer calories.
7. Chew slowly and actually taste the food that you are eating. This helps with digestion so your body can take in the nutrients that it needs as not to get an upset stomach later on because of constantly rushing through meals and eating the wrong things.
8. Use smaller plates like a desert sized plate when you fill your plate and only take the amount of food that you know you will eat. Avoid eating from platters as this encourages over eating.
9. Never go for second helpings.
10. Always try to leave a bit of food on your plate no matter how much you want to eat it. If you were taught as a child to clean up your plate, you can unlearn this by consistently allowing yourself to leave a few morsils behind until you begin to know that the world isn't going to end and if you have a dog, he will thank you for the leftovers you are providing him.
There are many ways to help yourself on a weight loss plan so you can eat healthy, lose weight and feel better. The above rules are very easy to follow and can help you change habits that can last a lifetime so you will not only lose weight but you will be able to keep it off more easily. If anger, boredom or loneliness makes you want to eat, take a deep breath, hold it in and exhale slowly. Repeat this a few times and try and analyse what sparked the impulse to eat. Also, remember to drink plenty of water to keep any unhealthy food cravings in check.